The following possible innovations and features of iPhone 15 can be highlighted:
- Presentation format: The presentation is expected to be video-recorded for invited journalists.
- Base model screen: It is likely that the base models of iPhone 15 will get a notch screen with an innovation called “dynamic island”. However, the 120Hz refresh rate and Always-On-Display feature are apparently missing.
- Design of the iPhone 15 Pro: The bezels around the screen may be thinner, although the screens themselves appear to remain unchanged.
- Base model camera: The 48 MP camera sensor previously used in the iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max models may be integrated into the base line iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus with some tweaks.
- Periscopic Camera: A top-of-the-line model, possibly called iPhone 15 Pro Max or iPhone 15 Ultra, could get a periscopic camera with 6x zoom. This would require a change in sensor layout.
- Silent mode switch: There is speculation that Apple may ditch the traditional silent mode switch, which has been a signature design element for all previous iPhone models.
However, it’s worth remembering that until the official presentation, all claims about innovations and changes in the new iPhone models remain just rumours or speculations. The exact specifications and features of the device will be known only after its official announcement by Apple.